website design service FAQs
Our aim is to work with you to translate your website design requirements into reality. We take the time to understand your business, the services you provide and your target audience. The following information is therefore designed to provide answers to possible questions you may have and to take you through the processes involved when commissioning a new website.
Q. Do I need a registered Domain Name for a new website?
A. You can use an existing Domain Name if you have already registered one, or we can help with registering your Domain Name if you do not have one. Domain Name registration can start from around $20 per year from some domain name providers. A domain name is the actual name of your website.
Q. Do I need to provide log in details for my Domain Name Registry account?
A. We will need log in details to connect the Domain Name to where the website is hosted. Your Domain Name Registry will provide you with log in details.
Q. Do I need a web hosting account?
A. You can use an existing web hosting account, or we can help with setting up a web hosting account. A web hosting account is used to host a website and is where the website files are stored. Hosting can start from as little as $4.50 a month from some service providers.
Q. Do I need log in details for my web hosting account?
A. We will need log in details to upload a new website to a web hosting account. Your web hosting company will provide you with log in details.
Design and content
Q. Do I need an existing logo or branding?
A. If you have an existing company logo or branding we will use these elements to create a website which is in sync with your existing branding. If you do not have existing branding or a logo we can create these elements for you and incorporate them into the website design.
Q. Do I need a tag line, key messaging or unique selling points?
A. If you have an existing tagline or unique selling points that your company uses, we will incorporate these into the website design in order for you to target audience effectively. If you need help with key messaging we will take the time to understand your business and can develop messages that will target your audience.
Q. Do I need to provide existing content, text and images or perhaps a print brochure to adapt from?
A. The more information you can provide the better, as this will speed up the design process and help to keep production costs down. However if you need help with writing content or sourcing images, we can work with you in creating appropriate content for your target audience.
Q. Do I need a rough plan of the main site navigation sections and an idea of the number of pages?
A. Providing a rough plan outlining the main sections of the website will create a clearer picture of your requirements. This will speed up the design process and help to keep production costs down. As part of the design process we can also work with you to determine what website structure will work best for your website.
Q. Do I need to provide details of any functionality requirements, such as an online shop or registered users area?
A. Determining the type of functionality you may require and mapping out your system work flows beforehand, can reduce production time significantly. We will then work with you in translating your information into a website that fulfills the needs of your business.
The design process and what to expect
- Static Photoshop designs are first produced in order to finalise the design before production begins
- Once the Photoshop designs are approved, a working website is built on our testing servers
- The websites are custom built using WordPress and will be based on your supplied information
- A custom built theme is also used which gives complete control over the design, in order to match your requirements
- All sites are fully mobile optimised and look great on mobile, tablet and desktop
- Up to 2 sets of text amendments before final approval are included as part of the build
- Once approved the site is then moved to your hosting account. After this stage any further amendments are charged as extra
- The websites include the capability to expand to as many pages as you may need in the future and also has the capacity to include many advanced features as needed
- You will also have the capability to login and update your information yourself if you wish
Enquire now – call 0400 197 773
Website design and development, print design and artwork created by professional Graphic Designer and Website Designer.
David Ashurst Design, Springwood QLD 4127